Well, as they say, a pretty face doesn’t mean there isn’t extreme ugliness on the inside. As a fan of the Big Brother series on CBS, I am surprised, and not surprised to read that some of the house guests, most of whom are of course, very attractive made for TV people, are downright ugly. According to one site that monitors the 24 hour feed for the show:
In perhaps record time, Big Brother 15’s houseguests have unleashed a torrent of racist, sexist, and homophobic comments, mostly directed toward other people in the house, and most of which go unchallenged by others. This year, it isn’t limited to just one or two people; as Hamsterwatch reports, “the roll call for racist/homophobic/misogynist remarks now includes Aaryn, Kaitlin, GinaMarie, David, Jeremy, Spencer, and Amanda, in varying degrees.” That’s almost half the cast…
As to the awful things this cast has said, most of it occurred Saturday night and into Sunday. AJokers poster has compiled an extensive list including flashback times to view the footage, while Zap2it’s Andrea Reiher summarized many of the awful things in a story. Both are worth a read.
Here are examples, compiled and expanded from the above sources, video clips, and other sources:
- GinaMarie said that, because of her income level, she receives “nigger insurance” (she whispered the n-word, so it’s possible she said the version that ends with “a”). She whispered it to both Nick and Andy, neither of whom challenged her.
- GinaMarie said Helen, who’s Asian, “should be kissing our ass and serving us some fucking rice.”
- Aaryn said of Andy, “No one’s gonna vote for whoever that queer puts up.” She also suggested he’d win MVP because “people love the queers.”
- Aaryn said about Candice, who’s black, “be careful what you say in the dark; you might not be able to see that bitch.” (A month ago, Aaryn tweeted, “Attractiveness comes from inside. What would you look like if your looks mirrored your words and actions?” So much irony.)
- GinaMarie said Candice “gets that fuckin’ blackness,” referring to Candice’s reaction to something that happened in the game.
- Aaryn said of Helen, “Shut up. Go make some fucking rice.”
- Talking about sheets that smelled bad, David said they were that way because “black Candice” was on them, and then admitted, “that was totally racist.”
- Jeremy, who calls the house’s women “bitches,” said of Katilin, “I did touch her vagina today.. she didn’t act like she was happy.. I like to feel around see what’s she’s working with.. see if it’s a nice meat wallet … I know she’s on her period.”
- Spencer called Andy “Kermit the fag”; Amanda called Andy “Faggoty Ann” (McCrae later called her out for that language, but she defended it).
- Spencer said that the medical torture conducted by Nazi doctors was beneficial and praised Hitler’s speaking abilities, even while acknowledging that he’d be criticized for that.
- Katilin said she likes gay people but they’re “untrustworthy in a game like this.”
- McCrae said, “If I’m talking to a girl, that probably means I don’t want to fuck her.”
- Spencer referred to women as “cunts.”
- GinaMarie said, “you know two blacks stick together. They’re like tokens.”
Geez. At least I know who not to root for. You can read the full post quoted above here.
And on a side note, if you’re reading this before 9 am PST or Noon EST, you can catch me on the Internet Radio show “Mixed Race Radio” this morning at 9 am Pacific and 12 Noon Eastern. Here is a link.