I am honored by one of my blog’s readers with a Liebster Award Nomination. Thanks to CherokeeWriter for the nomination. She writes a very interesting blog herself and is well worth checking out here.
I had not heard of the The Liebster Award but here is what CherokeeWriter wrote of it and its requirements:
The Liebster Award recognizes up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. It is to encourage them to continue blogging. The rules are simple, answer 11 questions about yourself, answer the nominator’s 11 questions, then you nominate at least 11 bloggers who have less than 200 followers, tell the bloggers you nominated them and post 11 questions for them to answer.
OK. So here goes.
11 Things about myself:
1. I LOVE being a father and husband more than anything.
2. I LOVE filmmaking and being a movie director. It brings to the table everything I love to about storytelling.
3. I am a sports fanatic.
4. I am a huge supporter of all things USC, not just the sports but everything about the school.
5. I have been a professional writer for over 30 years.
6. I was ordained a Buddhist monk in a Thai Buddhist Temple.
7. I love horses and playing polo.
8. I enjoy watching judge shows like Judge Judy and Judge Mathis.
9. I am an avid runner and should have logged close to 650 miles running by the end of 2012.
10. I love writing, as you probably can tell.
11. I am dedicated to making a difference in the area of ethnic relations.
Questions CherokeeWriter posed:
1. What is your favorite book and why? Marrow of the High Cedar, which is an unpublished book at the moment. We got the manuscript early, fell in love with it and bought the film rights to it. It is our next movie we are making and which I am directing. The story involves history, love, action and religion, all things I love in great drama.
2. Pie or cake? Pie, pecan or key lime especially.
3. Why did you start blogging? To see if I could addd anything to the discussion and make a small difference.
4. What is your favorite fantasy creature? Tough question. I don’t really have one.
5. Do you have any pets? If not, do you want any pets? No because our son is allergic to furry animals though I grew up with dogs and have had cats as well.
6. Would you like to see a woman become President? Absolutely.
7. What is your favorite food? Jambalaya (Cajun).
8. Do you believe in true love? Absolutely.
9. What was the last movie you saw in the theater? Flight, going to see Lincoln today.
10. Who are some of your favorite singers? Natalie Cole, Gladys Knight, Whitney Houston, Luther Vandross, Patti Lupone, many more.
11. Who would you want to play you in a movie about your life? My son, he is a great actor.